Milano design Week 2014 has recently closed is 53rd edition, a series of exhibitions and events related to the world of design, furniture and architecture, which has animated the city of Milan from 8th to 13th April. This year the event was a success beyond expectations with an increase in visits over the past year by 13%. Then, this is clearly a sign of an increasing interest for the sector, which attracted the attention of enthusiasts and experts, novices passionate improvisers and specialists, both Italian and foreign, who lost their selves at the salon through the colors, the equipment, the configurations ideas, the projects, and a swarm of so many people, who came to assist and take part in a coming and going of presentations and events that reported a new concept of creativity, much bolder and deconstructs.
However, the furniture maintain the elegance and refinement and outdid the usual and popular representation of it in order to introduce advanced and avant-garde forms, devoid from the classic abstraction. As the matter of fact, that new concept of furniture, despite it is always elegant and refined, projects to experimentation, especially in materials, style, the lines and assemblies. In addition, a multitude of events took place at Fuori Salone which framed the international event. There, the brands celebrated the week with a cocktail parties and presentations of the brand and product promotion, combining business with pleasure in a friendly atmosphere that reconciled the work and moreover favored the creation of new collaborations.
Then, just synergies, especiallyin the textile and fashion, have been and always will be more for the future, the strength of the lounge. Thus, those kind of synergies were important because they gave life to a branded theater where the most famous designer brands of furniture and the big names of fashion took the scene and acted a special program for which art installations, collaborations with international artists, new openings, exhibition openings and limited edition, came through and overlapped in a exceptional and spectacular show. Then, when the design meets art it is inevitable to mingle with other parallel worlds such as the textile and fashion industry. Furthermore, the combination of fashion and design became an essential feature of both sectors which now live the contamination as an added value, a positive constant that feeds the mutual inventiveness and productivity and ensures a seamless stylistic harmony between the textile, the furniture and the world of fashion.
Consequently, therefore, often and increasingly the Maisons give voice to new business ideas open to the fashion’s trades with Home collections of their own. For those reasons,, the National Italian Chamber of Fashion decided to celebrate the event of the Design Week in Milan by implementing a project which aimed to maximize the visibility of those fashion brands that extends to the design area. During this flurry of events, we spent our free time having fun and hanging out in Milan button, moreover, getting lost between structures and exhibitions. Then, we will tell you what we found more interesting , starting to Armani, Missoni, Fendi, Daniela de Marchi and so on , we are going to tell you about…
-First of all, Armani, who opened the 53 edition of the design salon with a collection of wallpapers, Armani Home Exclusive Wallcoverings Collection, a fusion of luxury and design, in collaboration with Jannelli & Volpi and with a small collection of lamps inspired by oriental handcrafted lanterns created using the traditional techniques of glassmaking in Murano. Let’s start with the first one, Armani Home Exclusive Wallcoverings Collection. It has refined graphic elements which are printed with special digital techniques on natural and valuable funds which enhance the elegance and simplicity of the decor. Minimalism sought after collection expresses the relationship between architecture and decorative style by focusing on the structure that best expresses the individuality of the being and his/her personal taste which home it’s able to represent. In fact, home tells the passage of time who people spent there and also the experience that influences the changing of a ideas. In addition, the collectikn is very attractive because Armani draws on a diverse range of materials. Firstly, the silk which is worked by a process of pattern that uses strips of metal to achieve a particular warp marble effect. Then sisal, a fiber derived from agave that is woven together with a thin metal wire n order to produce a precious warp decorated with seashell motif in the shades of beige and blue. Then, these colors are used in delicate nuances in shantung palm drawings and create games of opacity and brightness on a gray background which look like palms made by irregular flames. Interestingly, the wallpaper is used as a detail to embellish even some furniture in the collection such as the decorative Exception screen with panels on a textile silk blaze with palm drawings mounted in a black maple. Furthermore, the lamps in the collection which refer to the Far Orient are particular too as they have the name of stars like Halley suspension lamp made of glass and Hack, the table lamp glass made to celebrate the famous astronomer Margherita Hack. Moreover, each article is available in two variants: the first are the glass rods melted on a dull gray mass of blue glass which is in turn overlaid with a layer of opal glass that creats the effect of rock veined; the second is a layer of gold leaf which is applied hot on a bed of opal glass and then covered with a thin substrate of smoke-colored glass.
- Trussardi Luxury Living Group, in partnership with the leading brand in luxury furnishings and lifestyle and distributor of home collections of many well-known international brands, has created and exhibited at the Salon a home furnishings collection. Thefore the project aims to enhance that the Made in Italy is also part of the design.
- Furthermore, even Fendi relies on Luxury Living Group to produce the new home collection signed Thierry Lemaire. The couch and the chair of the family Arthur adds a new console and two sideboard to the already edited collection named Star. Thus the new line’ sofas and armchairs make up along with the furnishings square shapes and essential a cohesive whole. Here too the aim is to assist and enhance the culture of Made in Italy.
- Emilio Pucci, chose Kartell to implement its new upholstered chair ” Madame, World of Emilio Pucci edition” that is signed by Philippe Starck. The collaboration is part of the ongoing project of the Maison “Cities of the World,” a capsule collection of limited edition scarves inaugurating a kind of virtual journey through color and design in the style of the prints of the brand; prints which are in fact the seat of the chair , the structure of which is made of polycarbonate . The chair is available in four different variants depicting Avenue Montaigne in Paris, the Piazza di Spagna in Rome, Madison Avenue and Fantasy in New York.
- Even Missoni focused on the prints and colors which are the participants and will spearhead the new home collection . Then, these prints are so brilliant and captivating as you could appreciate in the showroom in Via Solferino for Fuorisalone especially the china hanging on display at the event Missoni zigzag Wonderland. In addition, the collection is a collaboration between the Brand and Richard Ginori and covered the exhibition space of a table of vibrant colors.
- Cavalli brings the charisma and the strength of the brand also in the design of furniture. Strong colors such as red, gold, black and white turns into color blocks in lines and big roses pointing compositions with a strong and seductive magnetism , characteristics that distinguish the brand. In addition, the novelty of this show have been the chair Wings an elegant object with structural lines and purist covered with a special fabric maxi geometric lines that evoke 3D shapes. Moreover there were the table and the library of the wet bar with prints coated with resin and the sleeping area, less bold, with a sophisticated four-poster bed with leather braids on the head that you accompany with sheets and bedspread floral prints and a white dresser white color.
EMILIO PUCCI HOME
OUTFIT DESIG WEEK:
From top left cloackwise:
-Valentino leather mini fringe bag with zodiac
- Jimmy Choo Melba Suede Ankle Boots-George J. Love Arm
– BIKER BOOTS VALENTINO Rockstud Biker Black Fur lined biker boots -BIKER BOOTS ASH ‘Tsar’ biker boot
- SUNGLASSES Prada Poeme sunglasses 2013 round black red flowers
- ANKLE HEELS BOOTS Giuseppe Zanotti
Double-Buckle Biker Peep-Toe Bootie
Black - BAG Stella McCartney Fringe Shaggy Deer Crossbody Pouch
– RING Monique Péan Black Horn Ring with Gold Studs barneys.com
- HEELS WITH BELTS Giuseppe Zanotti Open-toe leather bootie with zip
-STUDS BRACELET C. Wonder Spiked Leather Wrap Bracelet
- ANKLE BLACK SUEDE BOOTS Hobbs Glory Ankle Boots, Black johnlewis.com
- BAG PROENZA SCHOULER PS11 Classic OM Black
- ANKLE SUEDE BOOTS TOPSHOP AKA Black Suede Boots
- STUDS BRACELET Nly Accessories Strap Chain Bracelet, nelly.com
Photos by Carlo Guarrasi – DayLight Photography E-mail
Sito Web http://www.flickr.com/carloguarrasi/ mobile: +39 320 115 2928 Fb: http://www.facebook.com/daylight.ph/info
, Ash, barneys.com, C. Wonder Hobbs Glory, Design, Emilio Pucci,Fendi, George J. Love Arm, Giuseppe Zanotti, Jimmy Choo, johnlewis.com, Milano Design Week, Milano Events, Missoni,Monique Péan, nelly.com, Nly Accessories, Prada, Proenza Shouler, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney, Topshop, Trussardi,Valentino.